Tuesday, December 15, 2015

This is Seriously F_cked Up


This post from Gaby Dun in Fusion.net really speaks to the cruelty of web economics. It's certainly not fair, but then, when are most Capitalist market sectors fair?

Even though I'm not looking to make money off of my blogging, I still have to say at the outset here that I count myself quite lucky in this regard. I am retired and living on my Social Security income. It ain't much, to say the least, but it does get me by. I have share a house with my friend, and long time companion, Kathleen, and we don't have much of any kind of discretionary income, but we do manage. Reading what Ms. Dun, and others, have to go through, even with what seems like great success, is heart breaking.

Rather than go on another extended rant on the evils of Capitalism, however, I am just going limit myself to this: At some point, YouTube and InstaGram, and any other blogger provided content site you might want to mention, ought to kick in a great deal more to these folks for giving them the audience they enjoy. And, if nothing else, these folks ought to start considering forming a union of their own to leverage some clout against what is obvious exploitation.



Get rich or die vlogging: The sad economics of internet fame

No comments:

Post a Comment