Monday, August 8, 2022

Here's An Eerily Prescient Warning About The Threat Of Doublespeak To American Democracy

For me the interesting part of this excellent book, and author, and someone, I am ashamed to admit, that I completely forgot about, is how quickly the author moves from the political realm to the commercial. And then how that ties directly to the development of what I call the "Hard Sell."

I was up to my armpits, at the time, in dealing with not only a failed second marriage, but also the unbelievable new complications of trying to work within the emerging desktop computer hardware, and software business, with my own DBA (as in "doing business as" for a personal checking account) "Old Softy Computer Assistance."

It was a crazy time to say the least as I had to transition from doing installs, and custom software, for small businesses, to doing software exclusively, for medium, and big businesses. So much so that I'm pretty sure I didn't have the time to read this book back then, but I am pretty sure I heard about it, because I've always been a fairly deep reading, news junkie.

Anyway,

I mention this now because it relates to this post ("Everything Is Potential Commodity In Capitalism") done back in 10-6-2019), and how everything is commodity now and, as a result, subject to the "Hard Sell."

The one thing that post neglected to emphasize, though, was the acceleration factor now so embedded into this mutating system; an acceleration mandated by the fact that money has become "as electrons in electrical circuits, seeking the path of least resistance," and always wanting to move ever more like the speed of light itself.

This is what, in my opinion, is making everything spin faster and faster, every month.

It used to be every few years or so. Then it suddenly became quarterly, and now it's pushing for every week.

That this also tends to generate big numbers, whether in gross economic activity, or the counts of those caught in ever increasing kinds of "collateral damage," tends to get things really confused.



Here's An Eerily Prescient Warning About The Threat Of Doublespeak To American Democracy

No comments:

Post a Comment