Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Contrasts For Myself, And Taking Time To Let Events Unfold For A While

Contrasts, contrasts. I do emphasize that a lot. For what I hope have been understandable reasons.

In that context, from time to time, I pass on the reminder that there are two (and hopefully not too many more to come) videos of me that can provide contrast for you, about me. They are on my YouTube channel, not long, and interesting, if for no other reason than for how what I have been doing has evolved. Something you will see immediately if you first do the KING TV station coverage of the initiative I retried doing back in the early eighties; one that would have used a lottery for rides on the Space Shuttle, to fund the creation of two new, supposedly small scale, energy, and transportation utilities, that would have benefited the space program by, not only keeping public interest in it high, but also to provide hydrogen fuel on a completely subsidised basis. Basically a clever, but quite naive, attempt to sneak making national public utilities, for transportation, and clean energy, a fact of life, without it causing too much conservative backlash.

The other one was done back in 2014, sometime around when I was still working for Nytech, in a placement with Microsoft, and is an attempt to provide an oral overview of how I envisioned the message of my advocacy at that time. I also have some good music lists on YouTube you might want to check out.

Keeping too many plates spinning has almost always been a fact of life for me, but now I think I really am pushing it too much, at the moment. And a lot of that is the sudden requirement that I nurse our female cat Sabrina through a very bad paw sprain on her left paw; as well as to help auswage the pain that my friend Kathleen feels in sympathy; more than even Sabrina does (we have to keep her fairly isolated from doing what kitties unfortunately love doing, which is jumping up, or down, overly much; which means basically locking her in my room and not have a surface that is jump accessible).

There is also the grudging acknowledgement that too much is pouring into the infosphere, too fast, for anybody to keep up with anymore. So much so, and no matter who you are, even with an ability to pump it out, consistently, through wide, multi-channel dispersals, over time. And that is because everybody now needs to be a brand, and to sell that brand, and whatever nonsense it does, or does not, represent. And fewer and fewer are paying attention to anything but their particular message. So much so that you shouldn't be too surprised if internet burnout itself becomes a 2019-2020, new fact of life.

All that being said, I think I'm going to have to just be a very selective observer for a while now and just let events play out (even if continuing to shake Google's tree would make me feel good, which it doesn't any more); as the chaos, we are creating for ourselves, interacts with all of the fumbling attempts to continue with "Business As Usual." Thereupon ending up making things, naturally, even worse.

The unfortunate bottom line here may well be the fact that it has to get a lot worse before the majority of us will be forced to just stop. Forced to stop doing anything but see that the old system is no longer capable of doing anything useful, in anything, even close, to human terms. Especially if survival is at all important to you or not.

I remain hopeful for better outcomes, and I will be shouting things out again at some point, even when Google takes Google+ down, at some point in the not too distant future.

I am not going to give up. And I do not want you to give up. Just start thinking very carefully on the choices you will be forced to make, here, soon; either directly, or by the default of doing nothing.

That's where this lies now. With the choices of millions of people quite similar to you.

And time will be the true telling of who, and what, we really want to end up becoming.

King TV Lotter Clip

Humanity At A Fork In The Road

My Eclectic Instrumentals


What Gets Me Through...






No comments:

Post a Comment